Most people invest in insurance to cover a variety of unexpected events that can be devastating and stressful for them and their families, both emotionally and financially, when these events happen.
Some of these unforeseen events that may result in damage or loss of use of your property can include, for example:
- Water damage caused by plumbing failures
- Electrical or heating damage
- Construction accidents
Some of these events that may cause the insurance company to deny your claim for property damage or loss can include, for example:
- Incorrect or false information on the original application
- Lack of sufficient documentation about the damage
- Failing to notify the insurance company of changes in how the property is used
- Failing to let the insurance company know about major renovations that you did to your home
- Failing to advise the insurance company that the property is going to be vacant
- Exclusion of that type of damage or loss from the policy coverage
When you pay the insurance premiums each month you are expecting that if you have to file a claim, you and your family will be protected, but that is not always the case.
If you recently filed a claim for property damage or loss that has been denied by the insurance company and are worried about how you and your family will be able to cope without the compensation you were expecting from the insurance company, Brown Law Office may be able to help.How We Can Help You
If you have an insurance policy, then you are generally expected to be responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of the policy. The insurance company is also required to deal with you fairly in processing any claims that you may have.
At Brown Law Office we know that understanding the details and terms of the insurance policies can be difficult for most people. At Brown Law Office, our experienced lawyer will:
- Review your policy and terms
- Help you to understand your rights
- Help you navigate the insurance claims process
- Review why your claim was rejected to determine whether there are grounds for an appeal or a lawsuit
- Fight for your rights in the event that you have a bad faith claim
If you have a legitimate insurance claim that has been denied, contact Brown Law Office today for a consultation and let us see how we can help you and your family through this difficult time.
Trusted Durham Region and GTA Property Damage Lawyer